Terms and conditions
Close Brothers Technology Finance website terms and conditions.
Website usage agreement
Close Brothers Technology Services Limited is a subsidiary of Close Brothers Limited. Close Brothers Technology Services Limited is registered in England and Wales (Company Number 09758793) and its registered office is 10 Crown Place, London, EC2A 4FT.
CBTS maintains the Site as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the Site ("Users"). The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. CBTS is pleased to allow Users to visit the Site and download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, "Materials") from the Site for User's personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell, redistribute or create derivative works there from, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to additional restrictions set out in relation to specific material within this Site.
CBTS administers this Site. CBTS is a member of the Close Brothers Group Plc. All Material on this Site from the various members of the Close Brothers Group Plc appears on this Site subject to these terms and conditions. In addition, the members of the Close Brothers Group Plc may have additional terms and conditions that govern the use of their material.
Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials in this Site are those of the various authors of the work and are not necessarily those of The Close Brothers Group Plc's Boards of Executive Directors or the businesses they represent.
Materials provided on this site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, User satisfaction, and non-infringement. CBTS specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials. CBTS periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the Materials on this Site without notice. Under no circumstances shall CBTS be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to resulted from use of this Site, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. Use of this Site is at User's sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall CBTS or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if CBTS has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
User specifically acknowledges and agrees that CBTS is not liable for any conduct of any User.
This site may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various information providers and content providers. CBTS does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider or content provider, or any user of this site or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, or other information shall also be at your own risk. Neither CBTS nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting there from.
As a condition of use of this Site, User agrees to indemnify CBTS and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of the breach by the User of CBTS’s (or a third party’s) intellectual property rights or by a User posting defamatory, libellous, misleading or unlawful content on the Site.
Nothing in this Site or any Materials shall be construed, implicitly or explicitly, as containing any investment recommendations. CBTS is not registered under the U.S. Investment Advisers Act of 1940. Nothing in such Site, or in such Materials, constitutes an offer of or an invitation by or on behalf of CBTS to purchase or sell any shares or securities nor should it be considered as investment advice.
Linking to the site
User may link to any page on the Site, provided User does so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage CBTS or its affiliates reputation or take advantage of it, but Users must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on CBTS’s part where none exists.
The Site must not be framed, surrounded, obfuscated, or bordered on any other site, nor may Users link to, simulate or reference parts of the Site in such a way as to replicate the Site or the benefit of visiting it.
The intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. Except as expressly set out in these terms, CBTS, and its licensees, reserve their respective intellectual property rights in the Site and the materials on it.
Save as expressly set out in these terms, no intellectual property rights of any kind are assigned or licenced to Users.
Links to third-party web sites
This Site contains links to third-party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of CBTS and CBTS is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. CBTS provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the linked site by CBTS.
In relation to any bulletin boards, chat rooms, discussion groups, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities included in the Site (collectively, "Forums"), User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, User agrees that when using a Forum, User shall not do any of the following:
- Breach any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material that is uploaded.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Forum that Users know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
User acknowledges that all Forums are public and not private communications. Further, User acknowledges that material in Forums created by other users is not endorsed by CBTS, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CBTS. CBTS reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any contents of the Forums, including without limitation e-mail and bulletin board postings. The User agrees that CBTS may use, copy, publish and adapt any material posted to the Forums by a User as CBTS reasonably require.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
This Agreement will be interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws England. Any action to enforce this agreement shall be brought in the courts of England.
Privacy and personal data
- CBTS will not use this right to make substantial changes to the terms to your detriment without giving Users a chance to agree.
- Users are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes CBTS made, as they are binding on Users.
- CBTS reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Site or any Materials in any respect.
- CBTS reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any User access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.
- No waiver by CBTS of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding except as set forth in writing signed by its duly authorised representative.