Fund all of your technology needs with terms tailored to you.
We have a range of technology finance options that are flexible and can be tailored to your needs.
Leasing provides many of the benefits of owning technology equipment outright but can give you more flexibility at the end of your agreement. Even if your business has sufficient capital, it can be more beneficial to spread the cost of your technology equipment over an agreed period of time.
Whilst we would own the equipment, you will get full use of it and will be responsible for maintaining and insuring the equipment. We can also invest a residual value in the technology which can reduce lease payments below the asset’s cash price.
When the agreement ends you can choose to:
- return the equipment to us
- sell the equipment and keep a portion of the income from the sale
- continue to hire the equipment at a nominal rate
- re-hire for a further agreed term at a revised rental (if we have invested a residual value)
- extend the hire on a period by period basis on the existing terms (if we have invested a residual value)
Benefits of leasing:
- boosts your cash-flow through reduced rentals
- preserve capital through rental payments over the term
- enjoy full use of the equipment without the burden and responsibilities of ownership
- we can dispose of your assets safely and securely
- fixed lease payments can provide you with certainty with regards to budgeting
- potential to bundle associated and integral software costs into one agreement
Hire purchase agreements are often seen as far more flexible than a conventional loan. You have the option to acquire ownership at the end of the agreement.
You enjoy full use of new technology while you spread the cost over the usable life of the asset. This gives you considerable flexibility to tailor payments to your budget.
Our flexible approach to hire purchase can also allow for seasonality in your business contracts. If your business is quieter over the summer months, then repayments can be tailored to reflect this.
Benefits of hire purchase include:
- you preserve cash through hire payments over the term
- qualifies for Annual Investment Allowance (“AIA”) – subject to circumstances. We recommend taking tax advice
- you can acquire ownership of the technology at the end of your repayment term
Loans can finance many types of expenditure, including software and training that are integral to your technology programmes and projects.
We can provide a convenient single source for funding many aspects of your technology solution, which are unsuitable for lease or hire purchase in the UK. These typically include:
- software applications
- warranties, maintenance and ancillary costs
- training, consultancy and project resources
- equipment located overseas
Loan periods are for a fixed term and periodic repayments are fixed at inception.
Benefits of loans include:
- fund associated technology costs which may be unsuitable for other finance solutions
- preserve cash through loan payments over the term
- fund the whole technology solution
Including Sale and Lease back and Sale and Hire Purchase back, Refinance releases equity from the equipment you own, while continuing to use it in your business.
Sale and Lease back or Sale and Hire Purchase back is a quick way to access the value of technology on your balance sheet and redeploy this within your business. It works by us purchasing the asset and financing it back to you - either through a lease or a hire purchase agreement.
We could even take a finance agreement you have with another provider and extend the term, helping you spread the cost further.
Benefits of Refinancing include:
- release cash flow
- extend a finance agreement you have with another provider
- avoid disposal risk and cost by returning equipment
Benefits of a Sale and Lease / Hire Purchase back:
- uninterrupted use of the asset
- fixed payments for greater certainty
What we finance
- Workplace equipment
- Enterprise equipment
- Other equipment
- Audio visual
- Ancillary costs
- Non-standard equipment
- Desktop PC
- Thin client
- Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs)
- Hand held device
- Smart phone
- Barcode scanner
- Multi-functional and digital printer
- Electronic point of sale (EPOS)
- Smart meter
- Servers (Rack, Tower, Blade, Mission-Critical)
- Storage (Entry-Level, Midrange, Enterprise)
- Networking (e.g. Switches, Routers, Access Points, Controllers)
- UPS /PDU’s
- Medical (excluding patient critical)
- Test & measurement equipment
- Ticketing system
- Media screen
- Digital TV
- Touch screen
- Video conferencing
- Broadcast, post production and lighting
- CCTV (de-installable)
- Data communications
- Customer developed IPR (available from October 2016)
- Operating systems
- Install, Move, Add and Change (IMAC)
- Warranty Care Packs
Includes but not exhaustively 'Associated Equipment'.
We consider funding other associated expenditure related to your technology spend.
Finance will only be by Lease or Hire Purchase where equipment is identifiable and not affixed as part of buildings otherwise by loan.
Secure data erasure
Our finance customers can get Blancco data erasure licences
As the de facto standard in data erasure, Blancco provides thousands of organisations with an absolute line of defence against costly security breaches.
Close Brothers Technology Services is the UK’s only technology leasing company to offer Blancco data erasure licences as part of its technology finance agreements, enabling customers to manage the security of their electronic storage devices.