We are committed to protecting your privacy.
Information Close Brothers Technology Services may collect about Users
This policy applies to all information CBTS receives from you, whether you are registering on our website or ordering any of our products. During the course of your use of this website, CBTS may collect two types of information:
- Website Usage Information – This website uses Google Analytics to automatically gather certain statistical information such as the number and frequency of visitors and IP addresses. This information is used as aggregated statistical information about users, providing usage by IP address. Individual users cannot be identified from this type of data. This information helps us to measure how individuals use the website and our services, so that we can continually improve them.
- Personal Information – CBTS requires personal information from you, such as name, e-mail address, telephone numbers, fax numbers and credit card data in order for us to perform the services offered by the site and to fulfil your requests. Some of this information is voluntary; the compulsory fields are clearly identified whenever you are asked to supply information. On occasions, CBTS may also collect additional information from you on a voluntary basis.
We obtain personal information that is needed to provide our goods and services and respond to enquiries
When CBTS collects information directly from individuals, we obtain the personal information that is needed to provide our goods or services, respond to enquiries, to provide customer service and to fulfil any legal or regulatory requirements. We also obtain personal information as a result of individual’s financial transactions with CBTS or with CBTS business customers. When we obtain information about individuals from third parties, we use reputable sources, including public repositories. CBTS employs appropriate measures to assure the quality of information which we collect.
This personal information may be used in a number of ways:
- Information that Users provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use any part of the Site, subscribing to any service, posting material or requesting further services. CBTS may also ask Users for information if (for example) Users report a problem with the Site.
- If Users contact CBTS, CBTS may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of any transactions Users carry out through the Site and of the fulfilment of any orders.
- Details of User’s visits to the Site including, but not limited to, the referrer page, the pages of the Site accessed, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, along with the time of these events.
- Recordings and location data of any phone calls Users make to CBTS, for regulatory purposes, in order to monitor our quality of service, or to establish facts.
- Identifying potential new customers and subscribers
- Detecting and preventing fraudulent activity
- Detecting and preventing money laundering activity.
- As part of the account opening process for new customers, to verify your identity
We may also use the information for making a credit check on you and may share it with third parties to protect ourselves against fraud. We may carry out a search with a Credit Reference Agency who will keep a record of our enquiry against your name. We may use a credit scoring or other automated decision making system when assessing your application. Details of which credit reference agency we have used are available on request.
Providing you with the service that you have requested.
We may from time to time send promotional e-mails to you with information about our products and services. We may also contact you via post, e-mail or telephone in relation to the administration of your account or to provide a service you have requested or carry out quality control research.
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of personal consumer information
Within CBTS, access to personal information is limited to those employees of CBTS and its affiliates who need it to fulfil their business responsibilities. Vendors and other outside contractors we engage are subject to contractual requirements to ensure personal information is safeguarded. We will disclose personal information in response to a lawful request issued by a court, government agency or regulatory authority with jurisdiction to make that request.
CBTS may collect information about User’s computers, including where available their IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration.
Where Close Brothers Technology Services store your personal data
All information Users provide to CBTS is stored on CBTS’s secure servers in the UK. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although CBTS will do its best to keep confidential and protect your personal data, CBTS cannot guarantee the security of User’s data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is User’s own risk. Once CBTS has received User’s information, CBTS will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
CBTS is committed to implementing the highest standards of information security to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. We limit access to your personal information to authorised CBTS employees. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information against loss, misuse, damage or modification and unauthorised access or disclosure.
Uses made of the information
When we have a direct relationship with individuals, we will strive to make information available to them about the general uses of the information that we collect. This information is made available at the point of sale, through privacy notices on our websites, in other formats that are publicly available or through other means specified by applicable EU legislation and laws.
CBTS use information held about Users in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for Users and User’s computer;
- To provide Users with information, products or services that they may request from CBTS or which CBTS feels may interest Users, where they have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out CBTS’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between Users and CBTS;
- Share information with Close Brothers Group.
- To allow Users to participate in interactive features of the service, when Users choose to do so; and
- To notify Users about changes to the Site.
Where User’s data is used to provide Users with information about goods and services which may be of interest, CBTS will contact Users by electronic means only if they have consented to this.
Disclosure of your information
Users have the right to ask CBTS not to process their personal data for marketing purposes. CBTS will usually inform Users if it intends to use their data for such purposes or if it intends to disclose their information to any third party for such purposes. Users can exercise their right to prevent such processing by contacting CBTS at email@example.com. The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of CBTS's partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If Users follow a link to any of these websites, they should note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that CBTS does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Users should check these policies before they submit any personal data to these websites.
Visitors under the age of 16
CBTS do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information online from a child under 16 since the Site is not directed at children. Any Users under 16 must get approval from a parent/guardian prior to submitting information. Users without consent are not allowed to provide us with information.
Access to information
The Act gives Users the right to access information held about them. User’s right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. If Users would like a copy of some or all of their personal information they should email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to CBTS at the address given above. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet CBTS’s costs in providing Users with details of the information it holds about them.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, you should write without delay to email@example.com. Any information which is found to be incorrect or incomplete will be corrected promptly.
All complaints or concerns and appropriate resolution relating to the practices of handling personal information will be logged. Any complaints should be made to the Digital Marketing Manager at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
CBTS will retain the information for as long as it is reasonably considers necessary for the purposes listed above. Once we have processed your transaction, we will only retain your full credit card data if you have asked CBTS to do this, to make it easier for you to use the site for repeat purchases.
To enable you to sign in and personalise your online experience CBTS uses “cookies”. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
Site and contents copyright © Close Brothers Technology Services 2016.